Cedar Electronics has a collaborative culture that encourages individuals to leave their unique mark on their work. Our teams cooperate across departments to continually innovate and reinvent, all in an effort to provide world class products, services and information to our global customers. You’ll work on projects that will directly support and impact our mission and company results.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the opportunity to collaborate with committed individuals in a dynamic environment.
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company 401k match
- PTO (Paid time off) – use your time off based on your personal needs
- Plus, fringe benefits – Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance, recognition, etc.
ERP Business Analyst - Chicago IL
Job Description – ERP Business Analyst
The ERP Business Analyst (BA) works collaboratively with the business users and the extended IT solution delivery team and is responsible for executing the activities associated with the continuous improvement of business processes and systems. The BA must analyze current needs, anticipate future needs and provide solutions for our operations, finance and sales teams in integrating various business operations into one platform. Primary activities include the analysis, design and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities, enabled by SAP functionality and related integrated applications, as well as other business application opportunities. The BA will engage a variety of stakeholders to understand their business needs and help identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement, aligning with the long-term business strategy.
A.Promotes the use of business processes using standard SAP functionality
B.Identifies and logs business improvement opportunities in consultation with the Business community
C.Participates in business process improvement and change sessions in support of process improvement initiatives
D.Facilitates and/or participates in process simulations and walk-throughs
E.Ensures appropriate documentation for all activities pertaining to process improvement and change management
Business Process Design and Activity Scripting
A.Performs unit and integration testing as well as develops related documentation
B.Works closely with business units to keep abreast of the larger business initiatives
C.Provide support to change agents on all process improvement; change management activities and documentation resulting from process improvement initiatives
Product Support and Training
A.Provide on-going assistance and training to business application users
B.Evaluate support needs and assist in the creation of user training materials Process & Systems Integrity
A.Ensures process and systems integrity requirements are addressed
B.Participates in development of security profiles for processes within the area
C.Maintain System and Quality Documentation
A.A bachelor’s degree combined with at least 8-10 year’s relevant business experience
B.A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an SAP project environment (ECC 6.0 experience preferred)
C.A minimum of 3 full lifecycle implementations
D.Strong functional configuration skills in one or more areas (MM, IM, WM, PP, QM, PM, MRP, FI, CO, SD, etc.)
E.A broad knowledge of business-related processes
F.Knowledge of SAP implementation methodology best practice
G.Knowledge of continuous improvement practices, methodologies and tools
H.Broad understanding of SAP modules and key functionality
I.ABAP programming and configuration knowledge preferred
J.Deep knowledge of ERP systems and technologies
K.Working knowledge of SAP Reporting and BI tools
L.Proven experience collaborating with 3rd parties
M.Working knowledge of cGMP, SOX 404 and FDA CFR Part 11 Compliance
N.Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills
O.High level of flexibility, with strong abilities in time management and prioritization Detail oriented and well organized with the ability to work independently and under tight deadlines
P.Experience implementing other ERPs (NetSuite) a plus
A.Physical activity of this position
1.Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
2.Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
3.Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
4.Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other employees accurately, loudly, or quickly.
5.Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
6.Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
B.Physical requirements of this position
1.Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
C.Visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
1.The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
D.Conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.
1.The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.)
To apply please submit resume
Associate Product Manager - Apps & Services - Chicago IL
Job Description – Associate Product Manager – Apps & Services
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Dash Cameras and Mobile Apps, The Associate Product Manager -Mobile Apps & Services executes and supports the overall category management and development of leadership of Cedar’s Mobile Apps & Services platform for driver alert, video and information systems. This includes being the steward of the mobile apps line-up from market exploration and concept development through sunsetting of products. The Mobile Apps Associate Product Manager will work cross-functionally throughout the organization and champion innovative app development for the Cedar Mobile Apps and Services – SaaS platform. Research and analysis, customer feedback, and understanding of market trends will anchor Mobile App development efforts. Critical to this role will be collaborating on the development of a consolidated mobile/cloud infrastructure that will deliver a more unified user experience across Cedar devices, applications and services.
- Executes and supports the strategic plan for Cedar’s Mobile Apps platform.
- In conjunction with Cedar’s mobile and cloud SW leads/architects, supports consolidating separate mobile apps and server/database back-end systems into a common mobile/cloud infrastructure.
- Drives the improvement of the end user experience and optimizing engagement of all Mobile Apps to include insuring positive online reviews and social media posts.
- Defines the requirements for and implements mobile apps that optimize Cedar’s services subscription model and pricing strategy in order to balance adoption and profitability of combined HW and services/apps revenue streams.
- Supports business development and partnership efforts that leverage or enhance the capabilities of the mobile apps and services platform both consumer and B2B offerings.
- Monitors market for competitor activities and information, market pricing, market size & trends; market research is focused on identifying customer requirements and exploiting opportunities.
- Manages the mobile app development process to ensure on-time, on-spec, and on-budget delivery.
- Interacts closely with all groups involved in the product development process; Customer Experience and Care Teams, Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Supply Chain and Sr Management.
- Supports Marketing in development of packaging, digital content and other collateral marketing materials.
- Coordinates go-to-market plans with the commercial and supply organizations to ensure product readiness.
- Leads the internal and external education process for all Mobile Apps and Service offerings, including the customer experience & care group.
- Balanced experience in both MIoT connected devices and the associated services they enable.
- Background in Apps & SW development (mobile, IoT, cloud) with a minimum of 3 yrs. experience as a Product Owner, ideally in the consumer electronics (CE), Automotive or Commercial Transportation space.
- Hands-on experience as a developer will also be considered in lieu experience as product owner.
- Excellent analytical skills and solid understanding of critical mass, externalities, and ecosystems in networked-based products & services.
- Excellent project management, communication and leadership skills.
- Experience with agile SW development methodologies and dev ops best practices, with experience with JIRA & Confluence systems.
- Experience with, Apple App and Google Play store app management.
- Experience with Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments is a plus.
- A customer-centric mindset and strategic perspective to mobile apps and service management.
- Adaptive to a changing and fast-paced, teamwork environment while maintaining composure and a positive attitude.
- Tech enthusiast with a strong perspective on mobility and the understanding of its role within the automotive environment.
- BS/BA in Computer Science / IT or STEM field required; MS/MA a plus. Relevant and demonstrable work experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Vendor, customer and event travel is required up to 25%.
- The physical activity of this position.
- fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other employees accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- The physical requirements of this position.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
- The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.
- None. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.)
To apply please submit resume