Cedar Electronics has a collaborative culture that encourages individuals to leave their unique mark on their work. Our teams cooperate across departments to continually innovate and reinvent, all in an effort to provide world class products, services and information to our global customers. You’ll work on projects that will directly support and impact our mission and company results.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the opportunity to collaborate with committed individuals in a dynamic environment.
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company 401k match
- PTO (Paid time off) – use your time off based on your personal needs
- Plus, fringe benefits – Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance, recognition, etc.
Sales and Product Training Manager
REPORTS TO: V.P. of Strategic Planning
POSITION LOCATION: Chicago, IL
Cedar has an exciting job opportunity to work at the strategic and tactical level with Product Marketing and Sales.
The Sales and Product Training Manager is focused on creating and implementing a “Best in Class” seller and end user product and services experience for the Cedar brands. This position will focus on curating the Cedar brands experiences from initial market introduction through the end user ownership experience. The (SPTM) will reside within the product management group and will have strong cross functional development ties to Cedar Customer Service, Marketing & Sales Organizations. The (SPTM) will support curating the highest level of product knowledge, end user application and use case knowledge, and seller engagement for the Cedar Brands on DTC sales and Customer Service Teams. The SPTM will also provide on-boarding training of new employees, regular in field training engagement, auditing and certification of the direct and indirect sales organization product and services selling and presentation expertise.
The Sales and Product Training Manager will work to establish and drive the following areas.
- Prepare introduction materials in collaboration with marketing to educate, demonstrate and engage sellers and consumers thru all media forms.
- Collaborate with marketing on video production and creation efforts:
- To aid the introduction of new products, engaging retail sales and installer associates in the how to effectively sell and demonstrate
- To aid demonstration to end users on how to get the most out of your Cedar product or service experience
- Coordinate with channel marketing to make sure the external trainings are executed from a material consistency & messaging consistency standpoint
- Schedule and conduct key training and engagement events with major sellers in conjunction with major product releases and seasonal promotions
- Support the product and services training and certification of all internal & external employees
- Collaborate with Marketing to create and maintain a Facebook Live calendar to promote product introductions, enhance tradeshows and consumer events
- Support key product introductions at Tradeshows and PR Events with Marketing
- Collaborate with Marketing in order to create and manage the Connected car products agenda within a robust Influencer/Advocate program
- Create and drive engagement with power user groups for the Escort brand and all connected products
- Participate in reinvigoration of the Escort Specialist Certification process
- Curate the new product review process and provide support with 3rd party advocates to improve brand perceptions and sales velocities for Cedar e-commerce sites. Provide periodic analysis to product management and marketing teams to improve customer experiences
- Provide an advocacy platform for our connected network applications and insure highest level of seller competence and enthusiasm
Participate in product and software development in the beta test process and participate in improving the end user experience
- Adhere to all internal policies and reporting structure
- Minimum of 5 years of product training and customer presentation experience in the automotive dealership, 12volt, consumer electronics or cellular industry
- Experience working with automotive/trucking specialty or mass retail and car dealer personnel preferred
- Experience working in a product marketing/management, training, customer service and/or product support environment
- MECP Certification or equivalent experience
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong communication, verbal and written skills
- Proficient in proper use of tools required for installation
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) preferred
- Proven ability to develop effective relationships with customers and senior executives
- Effective leadership, time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High level of personal enthusiasm, professional presence, and self-motivation
- Working knowledge of mobile apps and popular social media channels
- Video production and a strong “On Air” presence
Equal Opportunity Employer